RICE KRISPIE HEARTS
Everybody loves rice Krispies. This is a fun and easy kid activities and will make great Valentine’s for their classmates.
6 cups Rice Krispies Cereals
1 bag Large Marshmallows
1 bag Small Marshmallows
¼ cup Butter
Chefmaster Rose Pink Liqua-Gel® food coloring
Valentine’s Sprinkle Mix of your choice
Cooking Oil Spray
Tools & Utensils:
Large Sauce Pan
Heart shape cookie cutter
- Prepare and measure all your ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper
- Melt the Butter in the pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and well-combined with the butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a couple of drops of Chefmaster Rose Pink Liqua-Gel® food coloring until you reach the desired shade.
- While mixture is still warm ((but not too hot to touch), add as much (or as little) sprinkles and small marshmallows into the rice Krispies as you want.
- Quickly pour the mixture into your baking sheet. Spread evenly using a spatula, your hands or by pressing down the bottom of a second baking sheet onto the Rice Krispie mixture.
- Note: it is always better to grease your hands, the spatula, or the bottom of the baking sheet with a thin layer of shortening to avoid the Rice Krispie to stick to them.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a previously greased heart shaped cookie cutter to carefully cut heart into the layer.
- If using a metal cookie cutter do not press too hard to avoid damaging your baking sheet.
- Reapply shortening on cookie cutter as needed until all the hearts are cut.
- Your Valentine’s treats are ready to enjoy.