PEPPERMINT CANDY CANE COOKIES
Peppermint Candy Canes can be found everywhere at Christmas time. These delicious cookies are a great twist on this holiday tradition. They are very easy to make and a fun activity to try as a family. For even more fun try different color combinations to make green, pink, blue or purple candy cane cookies. Your imagination is the limit.
- 2 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- ½ tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- Chefmaster Super Red Liqua-Gel® Food Coloring
Tools & Utensils:
Measuring Cups & Spoons
Wooden Spoons or Spatulas
- Cut Butter in small cubes and set aside to soften for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare and measure all your ingredients.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together by hand Butter, Coconut Oil, Egg and all 3 flavor extracts until well combined.
- Mix in Powdered Sugar until well incorporated.
- Slowly add Flour and Salt and continue mixing until well combined.
- Mixture will become too thick to continue mixing with a whisk. Use a wooden spoon or spatula or even knead using your hands to combine.