EERIE MERINGUE GHOSTS
These delicious crunchy meringue ghosts as such as airy as they are eerie. An easy treat to add to your Halloween buffet, to prepare in advance to top Halloween cakes and cupcakes or to bag with a cute ribbon and gift friends and family members.
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup Chefmaster Deluxe Meringue Powder
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract (more if you desire a stronger flavor profile)
Tools & Utensils:
Measuring Cups & Spoons
Small Sauce Pan (or Hot Water Kettle)
Stand Mixer with a whisk attachment
1 Decorating Pastry bag with a coupler and large round decorating tip (#1A or similar recommended)
1 Decorating Pastry bag with a coupler and small round decorating tip (#2 or 3 recommended)
Rubber Band (or flat plastic bag clip)
Small bowl (microwave safe)
Tall wide Glass or small flower vase (optional)
- Prepare and measure all your ingredients.
- Reserve the chocolate chips for later (see step 14)
- It is easier to set your pastry bag inside a tall glass with the tip down and fold over the sides of the glass than to hold the bag with your hands.
- Close your decorating bag by twisting the top and sealing with a strong rubber band or plastic bag clip.