- Glycerin Soap
- Ice Cube Trays*
- Assorted Chefmaster Liqua-Gel® food coloring
*Note: make it even more fun by using shaped ice-cube trays or water bottle ice-cube tray for thick easy to grab crayons. Silicon ice-cubes trays are preferred for this activity as it is easier to pop out the crayons from a flexible mold..
- Cut ½ of a Glycerin Soap in small pieces with a knife or shave with a Cheese Grater.
- Put the soap in a microwave save bowl or a measuring cup with a spout.
- Melt the Glycerin in the microwave 30 seconds at a time.
- Remove from microwave (caution: the bowl might be hot)
- Pick one color and add a few drops of Chefmaster Liqua-Gel® food coloring until you reach the shade desired.
- Carefully pour the colored Glycerin into your ice-cube trays.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 with as many colors as you want until you run out of space in your trays.
- Freeze for an hour or so until the mixture become completely solid.
- Once cooled, remove from the freezer and pop the crayons out of the trays.
- Grab a piece of paper and let the children get creative with their brand-new homemade crayons!
Adult supervision required.