COLOR MIXING EXPERIMENT
Do you have a budding scientist at home? Here is a fun activity to demonstrate the concept of absorption and color mixing.
- 3 (or more) tall cups (10 to 12 ox minimum)
- Paper Towel
- Assorted Chefmaster Liqua-Gel® food coloring
- Cut 2 pieces of paper towel about 2 ft long. Twist lengthwise in order to create some paper ropes.
- Add 6 drops of food color with 8 oz of water in a cup.
- Repeat with the other cups so each cup has a different color of water.
- Make a Horseshoe shape with each paper towel rod.
- Dip the end of each rod in a different cup.
- You can have more than one paper rod in one cup.
- Observe how the color water slowly raise up as it is being absorbed by the paper and how the colors end up micing once they reach each other at the top.
Adult supervision recommended.