Is there anything more charming than macarons? Yes, naturally colored macarons! Chefmaster® has all the colors of the rainbow in Natural Liqua-gel® food colors, so regardless of the occasion you can have macaroons that fit any theme. We know what you’re thinking – Do I really need an occasion to enjoy macarons? No, enjoy these lovely little treats any time!
What you’ll need:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Chefmaster® Natural Liqua-gel® food color (any color you desire)
- Silicone macaron baking mat
- Place silicone macaron baking mat onto cookie sheet.
- Add egg whites to mixing bowl and beat with a stand mixer until whites are foamy. Beat in white sugar and continue to mix until whites are glossy and fluffy. You want the egg whites to hold soft peaks.
- Add a drop of Chefmaster® Natural Liqua-gel® food color and mix until color is blended. Continue to add single drops of color until desired shade is reached.
- Fold powdered sugar and almond flour into egg white mixture. This can be done by hand with a large spoon or spatula. About 30 strokes.
- Place mixture into piping bag. Pipe the batter onto the silicone baking sheet so the disk space is covered.
- Once the baking sheet is full let piped cookies stand at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 285°F.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes. The cookies should bake but not brown. We suggest keeping a close eye on them as they can burn easily.
- Once cookies have cooled completely take two cookies and sandwich with jelly or cream filling.
- Wow, people with your amazing macaron making skills . . . or keep them all for yourself Enjoy!